We’re proud to announce the GA release of Acceldata Pulse 2.1. This version offers a variety of new features, including:
- Support for Action on Kerberos Enabled Environments: Pulse now allows you to enable Kerberos on any Action. For more information, see Custom Playbook.
- Support to Display Kerberos Enabled List: A checkbox Kerberos Enable has been added to the Pulse Create Actions. When selected, a drop-down list of all Kerberos added to the section is displayed. For more information, see Actions.
- New Playbook to Kill Long Running Tez Queries: Pulse now has a playbook that terminates long-running non LLAP Tez queries. For more information, see Creating an Action.
- Addition of Application Name for YARN Alerts Group: In the Create Alerts, YARN Application metrics a new group yarn_application_name has been created. It categorizes alerts based on the application name. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Adding Multiple Email Address via CLI: The Pulse CLI now allows you to add multiple email addresses for notifications. For more information, see Email Notifications.
- HBase Master Failover Alert: Pulse now provides a new predefined alert HABSE_MASTER_FAILOVER. When the active HBase master is switched to another standby HBase, an alert is generated. For more information, see Predefined Alerts.
- Interactive Endpoint Check Alert: Pulse now supports the new end point check alert HIVE_INTERACTIVE_ENDPOINT_CHECK. It monitors if the HiveServer2 interactive is operational. For more information, see Hive Alerts.
- Interactive JVM Heap Usage Alert: The HIVE_SERVER_INTERACTIVE_HEAP_USAGE is a new predefined alert in Pulse. It monitors and raises an alert when the Hive server interactive JVM heap usage exceeds the predefined threshold. For more information, see Predefined Alerts.
- Support Global Default Email: In Pulse, the Create Alerts Notification wizard now includes a new Use Default Email Configuration checkbox. You can use the default email configuration by checking the box. For more information, see Notifications.
- Added Bulk Enable/Disable Alerts Option: Pulse now supports bulk enabling and disabling of alerts by clicking the checkbox in the Listing page. For more information, see Miscellaneous Alert Tasks.
- Added Bulk Enable/Disable Notifications: By clicking the checkbox in the Listing page, you can now enable and disable notifications in bulk. For more information, see Notifications.
- Jira Integrations: Pulse now enables you to integrate Jira and receive ticket notifications in Create Alerts Notification wizard. For more information, see Notifications.
- UI Enhancements for YARN Capacity: The YARN Capacity dashboard now allows to select the average, minimum and maximum metrics for VCore Usage per User and Memory Usage per User. For more information, see Other Capacity Charts.
- Help Guide Links in the UI: You can now access the help guides and API documentation from the Pulse UI.
- Grouping by Resource Pool and User: The Impala Queries page now have groupings based on Resource Pool and Users. For more information, see Impala Queries.
- Storage of the Keytab and Principal: Pulse now allows adding and uploading the Keytab files for seamless Kerberos authentication and command execution. For more information, see Keytabs.
- Search Option in Nodes: A new search bar has been added to the Nodes page. For more information, see Overall.
- Save Search Parameters: A new Search bar has been added to the Tez Queries page, with the ability to save your search parameters. For more information, see Search Option.
Learn more with our release notes.